Employment Opportunity - Director, Operations & Infrastructure
Posted on Friday September 18, 2020 at 01:59PM
Director, Operations and Infrastructure
Located 45 minutes east of Edmonton on Highway 15, the Town of Lamont is a progressive and growing community of over 1,700 residents. It provides relaxed country living with all the amenities of a larger centre. Lamont has a full range of services including a nationally top-rated hospital, a full-service senior’s lodge, a pre-kindergarten to grade 12 public school, tourist accommodations, fine dining, as well as a full assortment of shopping needs to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. For additional information, please visit our website at www.lamont.ca and begin to experience city living - country style, as our motto states.
Come work with us! Employment with the Town of Lamont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community. We are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Are you passionate about creating positive change and ensuring that municipal infrastructure is well maintained and operating efficiently? If yes, then we want you on our team!
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position will be responsible for strategic and operational decisions pertaining to: Water & Wastewater, Facilities, Roads and Parks. The successful candidate will focus on processes and planning, problem solving, and dealing with emergent concerns. This role requires an active, engaged leader who can motivate and lead a diverse team, as well as develop positive relationships with various user/stakeholder groups. Our ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, relationship builder, and someone who is adaptable and works well under pressure with minimal supervision.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Oversight of several staff and provide direction, guidance, and feedback to the team. The position ensures staff receive the training and mentorship required to carry out their responsibilities, and that services continue to be provided to the community at large in a prompt and professional manner.
- Develop and manage the Town’s Asset Management Program.
- Manage planning, construction, maintenance, utility repair, waste management, and water management projects.
- Manage planning, construction, maintenance, and repair of all the Town buildings.
- Manage planning, construction, proactive maintenance, and repair of all the organization's infrastructure and the respective operations; this includes road network, associated infrastructure and signs.
- Oversee the service delivery for roads, sidewalks, bridges and culverts, storm sewers, roadside ditches; winter control; storm water management; roadway safety signage, devices, and markings.
- Oversee preventative maintenance plans, fleet management plans, guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other related documents.
- Develop short and long-term plans for infrastructure and service levels to properly maintain the Town’s infrastructure.
- Liaise with internal and external sources in the planning, development, maintenance and use of Town’s parks and green spaces.
- Develop and oversee Parks’ operational policies, standards, procedures, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee the Town’s Recreation Facilities.
- Budget preparation, contract administration and project management.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders locally, and in the region.
As the ideal candidate, you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience related to municipal engineering, or a Civil Engineering Technologist diploma with 12 years of related experience.
- Professional Engineer, P.Eng or Professional Licensee, P.L. (Eng) registered with, or eligible to register with APEGA.
- Post-secondary education in other Engineering, Business, Public Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Five (5) years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities to bring projects to completion using sound judgement and initiative.
- Extensive knowledge of the provincial policies and federal regulations for all municipal infrastructure. Excellent negotiation, facilitation, communication (both oral and written), and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite Programs which includes Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of Municipal policies, procedures, and processes, as well as a working knowledge of water, wastewater, drainage, infrastructure maintenance and construction management. Experience in creating and implementing an Asset Management Program.
- Experience with municipal finance and the budgeting process.
- Ability to mediate and problem solve multifaceted situations.
- Must be able to work extended hours to meet deadlines and urgent requirements.
- A valid Class 5 Driver's License and a personal vehicle for work use is required.
This position offers a competitive starting salary based on suitable experience and qualifications, a comprehensive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week. If you think you are the one we are searching for, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Town of Lamont
Box 330 Lamont, AB
Attention: Christine Beveridge, CAO
Or by email: Christine.email@example.com
Closing Date: October 12, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Copyright © Town of Lamont
Author: Town of Lamont